Thursday, October 6, 2011

Time to Gush

I just have to write about how much I love this kid of ours. Even though dinners are no longer a quiet time of the evening, demands not met in an instant result in tears and tantrums, and the house is not exactly the cleanest that it has been in the past two years....it's been the time of our lives. Some of the things that Juliette says and does are sure signs of survival of the fittest and a parent's behvior of not eating their young. When she snuggles and cuddles and just looks up at us and smiles, when the greatest part of her day is when she gets to find the plastic egg with an M&M, when all she wants to have is to lead us by the hand to play "choo choos", when she crawls into my lap and says she's safe, when we do something with her and she hugs us and says "I so happy", that's when it's easy to forget the tantrums, blueberry poop blowouts, and being woken up at 5 am. She's also started to come up to us and say I love you which is pretty awesome. When we put her to bed at night lately, she looks up at Josh and says "Daddy?" Josh- "Yes?" Daddy? Yes? Daddy? We keep waiting for something profound and meaningful to come out of her mouth, but in reality she's probably just stalling bedtime and trying to keep us in the room--it works. Ok so that's all for now...very exciting that a publisher called me yesterday while I was out about the little good night story I threw together a few months ago-hope he calls back!

No comments: