Friday, October 19, 2012

Mommy Badge

All I can say is that if we hadn't earned our parenting badges anytime in the last three years, we certainly did yesterday. I got Juliette up to go to Cindy's and she was happy and wanted to play- nothing unusual about her wake up pattern except I told Josh I noticed that she must have been hot at night because her hair was all wet. I touched it, and it felt sticky. I picked her up off her pillow and her pillow..and the back of her hair...was matted with vomit. She had thrown up during the night, not called for us or anything, and fallen back to sleep in the puke. What scared me more than anything was the thought that she could have choked on it and we wouldn't have known. So while Josh scraped the hurl off the pillow, I threw her in the tub and brushed dried vomit out of my kid's hair...while it pooled up in the water with her scooching to the far end of the tub to avoid it! Let me tell you vomit smell does not come out of hair after one washing or two or three. So we stayed home yesterday. She was normal, just had a sore tummy and low appetite. She wanted to play, but I tried to just keep her resting on the couch. No more puke thank God and she went to Cindy's today. Fun day.

No comments: