Sunday, March 29, 2009

8 months


We've officially hit the 8 month mark. Whoever has been spreading the rumor that pregnancy lasts nine months is full of crap. 40 weeks = 10 months people, with the last two dragging their feet. For those of you interested, I've got about 55 more days until my due date and she's got nowhere to go but out as you can see from the picture. I'm just glad my butt hasn't exploded. I have noticed some swelling lately, face, hands, and feet when I take my socks off. I had to take my wedding rings off last weekend- feels weird without them on.
Josh is getting a little nuts right about now. Yesterday he wouldn't let me get out of the car to go to the grocery store. I keep telling him I need to walk and just ignore my huffing and puffing as I waddle (...yes...waddle stage has been attained...) around trying to catch up to him.


The chirporactor said that my hips are getting looser to prepare for the spreading of my pelvis during labor which causes the waddle walk. It also makes for nice little popping sounds everytime I try to roll over. We just laugh at it now.
Now it's crunch time for getting the little details straightened out;
finding a pediatrician- I'm relying strictly on friends for this one- Who do you go to? Like them? Ok that's where I'll go!
signing up for classes at the hospital- childbirth classe (4 Sundays starting on April 19), a breastfeeding class- going solo for that one much to Josh's releif, and at home with baby for both of us.

No comments: