Tuesday, September 29, 2009

NIght time

Ok so yesterday I got a lecture from the pediatrician about how we should be putting the baby to sleep since that is our biggest issue still and she's not sleeping more than 4-5 hrs at a stretch. We always have to rock her until she's out like a light and when we try to put her down, she pops right back up. Dr. Mancini wants us to put her down and let her cry and not pick her up at all. We can go in and talk to her, but can't touch her. I told her sometimes Juliette has gas that wakes her up, so I can do that and burp her, but that's it. So last night after her bath, Josh rocked her a little bit until she was starting to drift off and then we put her in the crib. I felt bad because that is Josh's bonding time with the baby- when she gets all comfy on him and falls asleep, but it's about what's best for Juliette. She cried for about 20 minutes and then fell asleep. She woke up 30 minutes later, but quickly went back to sleep by 10. Then she woke up at 2:15 and I picked her up to burp her, but as soon as I picked her up she put her head on my shoulder, the thumb went in the mouth, and her eyes started closing. As hard as it was, I put her back in the crib and she cried for about 10 minutes. Then she fussed around 4 and I thought she wanted to eat, but when I checked on her, she had already fallen back to sleep. The next thing I knew Josh was waking me up and it was 7! I got up, SURE she was going to wake shortly. WRONG!
She slept until 10:30! But I kept thinking she would wake up so I didn't shower or get ready, certain that as soon as I did, she would wake up. So then we had had a long day out and now she's playing in her exersaucer. She took a few naps in the car, but tomorrow I'll get her on the two nap a day schedule the dr. wants her on. She told me to put Juliette in her crib for at least 40 minutes. If she sleeps great, if not, at least she knows it's a time when she has to be in her crib. Dr. Mancini assured me that babies her age can learn very quickly and will adapt in a few days...I hope so!

No comments: