Saturday, July 23, 2011

Waverly Community House

It was great getting to take Juliette to the Waverly Comm playground. I remember when it opened in 1990. It seemed so huge to us and it was new and exciting. Juliette kept saying Climb Mama, climb! Let me say the tunnels and passages I used to zip through are a lot smaller 20 years later!!! She wanted me to crawl through the tunnel with her and I remember going in there and hiding and now I was happy to get out of it without oil or butter to slide through!! It was sad to see some of the better parts gone or broken like the suspension bridge and the wobble platform, the tire horse was great and that's gone. I also didn't see the tire swing, tire ladder, and trampoline bridge. Oh well. Like they said in the Matrix-some things change, and some things don't.






No comments: