Monday, June 1, 2009

Home at last!







Wow...what a week! I got to the hospital last Tuesday night and am finally home with the baby. So now what do we do with her?? :) This has been the most emotional week of my life with a different doctor telling us different things about her jaundice levels, heart, bowels, etc it was a challenge to stay calm and not scream at them. Finally yesterday we got a doctor who didn't want to mess around anymore and put her in an isolet with the heavy duty photo therapy to bring her jaundice levels down and let me supplement breast milk with formula. The other doctors kept warning me about that insisting breast was best, but meanwhile my daughter is losing weight rapidly and not getting nutrients because she can't suck hard enough. So she put on three ounces in one day and all is well. As soon as the jaundice goes away and she gets more active (of course she sleeps all day and is up all night) I'll go back to breast feeding- meanwhile I'm pumping and giving her a bottle--no harm no foul. It's just in a different package :). Her heart is fine- the other two doctors who saw her said they didn't notice anything wrong, but we will follow up with the cardiologist in a month. Bowels turned out fine and are working quite well...no one has ever cheered more for a poop than Josh my mom, and myself. Check out Josh's facebook for a picture! Here are some more pictures for your viewing enjoyment. I still can't believe I got this out of me!!! Josh is totally in love with his daughter. The other picture is our midwife Terri who delivered her.

No comments: